How to Install WordPress on localhost Server using Bitnami WordPress.
WordPress is one of the best Content Management System(CMS) for Blogging with a total of 63.5% share all around the world. If you want to install the WordPress application locally then we have got the best solution for you.
First, we’ve to understand what environment WordPress required to run. WordPress is designed using PHP, its backend needs MySQL database. So it needs the following
- PHPMyAdmin for easy UI.
So, we can install all these using WordPress Bitnami. If you need to install more than one WordPress or want to run a PHP program and looking for XAMPP etc. In such a case too, you can use this installation this application.
Install WordPress on localhost server in your machine
Setup for Downloading WordPress for Localhost: First you’ve to download Bitnami Application for localhost WordPress.
Now, you will redirect to the following page provided.
Now download Select Win/Mac/Linux and then Choose your OS like Windows, Linus of OS X(Mac).
Here we’re guiding for Windows 10 64 bit. Process is nearly similar on other Operating System too.
- Right-click on setup and select run as administration
- An install window will pop-up – select YES.
- Select your language now(default English).
- On Bitnami WordPress Stack page- click on Next.
- Keep both PHPMyAdmin and WordPress marked
- Select the custom installation folder(if you want to install it in a different folder, otherwise leave it as it is. I changed it to C:\Bitnami\wp-bitnami).
- On the next setup page, enter the name, email and login username.
- Enter You name
- Your email address
- Enter the username for login(here we enter “root”)
- Enter the password and confirm it by re-entering the same. (for demo purpose we’re choosing password 123123, you can choose a tough one.)
- Click on Next
From the above, you’ve to remember login details for WordPress and phpMyAdmin. Now click on next, next and WordPress Bitnami will install in your computer.
It will take a few minutes to install the setup in your machine, please wait until all process finish.
Access WordPress Bitnami from your localhost, enter URL http://localhost/wordpress, and press enter.
This will take you to the WordPress homepage. To make changes on this page. You’ve to login using the URL http://localhost/wordpress/wp-login.php
All Done. You can acess localhost wordpress on you machine.
You can access PHPMyAdmin by entering the URL http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ and the login address will be the same as of the 3rd and 4th steps above.
You can log in here using credentials provided in steps 3 and 4 above in the login setup section. Now all done you can access and enjoy localhost WordPress but if you like to install multiple WordPress sites then follow the steps below.
For multiple WordPress sites on localhost (beginners).
After performing the above steps, you’ve to create a database for your new site. For this, login to phpMyAdmin http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ and provide your login details. in our case username is “root” and the password is “123123”.
Here create a new database, suppose your new site name is mysite.com then create a database naming mysite, follow the steps:
- Click on new on the left-hand side of the panel.
- Enter the database name
- click on the create button.
Here I created a database with the name techaak. Now you’ve to download WordPress software that can be downloaded through the link provided below.
After downloading this zip file, extract the files. Now copy wordpress folder and place that folder in
Now rename this wordpress folder according to your database. Suppose the database name is techaak then rename “wordpress” folder to “techaak”. (You are allowed to create a folder with any name, but to avoid mashup please keep the same name for the database and folder).
Now access your new wordpress site installed here http://localhost/techaak/
On the above page, please enter the data required
- Name of the database you entered in phpMyAdmin, here in this tutorial it is “techaak”
- the user name that you choose during the installation of the software in our case it is “root”
- Enter the password for the username, in our case, it is 123123.
- Leave this as it is.
- Leave this as it is
Now you’ll be on final set-up page,
- Enter your sitename
- choose a username for your site
- choose a password for your site
- enter your email address
- leave it as it is
- Click on Install WordPress
If the button not enabled, check whether your password is strong, or a pop-up will appear to choose a weak password.
Now its all done. You can now access this localhost WordPress.
For multiple WordPress sites on localhost (advance users).
If you don’t wanna use the copy and paste method described above, you can place your WordPress site under folder C:\Bitnami\wp-bitnami\apps. Suppose you want to create a site with sitename testsite. Now copy config folder from C:\Bitnami\wp-bitnami\apps\wordpress and paste it to C:\Bitnami\wp-bitnami\apps\wordpress\testsite.
Now Edit bitnami-apps-prefix.conf file in the C:\Bitnami\wp-bitnami\apache2\conf\bitnami and add the new WordPress path. Finally, Restart the server using Bitnami Stack Manager tool.
If you’ve any question regarding the above article, you can ask freely in the comment section provided below.