If you’re a blogger and want to enhance the user experience of your blog or website, and also on-Page SEO, then you must add the table of contents to your website. On a WordPress website, you’ve to install a plugin to automatically add a table of content in every post.
Add The Table of Content in Every WordPress post.
You can add the content table in every WordPress Post by installing and activating the Easy Table of Contents plugin into your WordPress website. Learn here how to install a plugin on a WordPress website.
This plugin can automatically add up a content table on every WordPress post or you can choose which article should have this content table. Please note that this plugin only highlights heading tags that are used in your blogger post.
Settings for Table of Content in WordPress website.
General Settings enables you to allow or disallow the plugin to automatically add a table of content in every post or not.
- Enable plugin to support Post or Pages choose as per your need.
- What should be the position of the table of content in your WordPress post
- Choose the condition, on how many heading tags TOC should add in the post.
- Show header label above the TOC.
- Header Label name
- Allow users to hide or show the TOC in our case it is disabled.
- When a user visits your page, should it be visible or not? In our case it is visible.
- Show the heading order.
- Counter type
- When clicking on any content, type of scrolling.
This setting will define how should it look or appear for your WordPress page.
- What should the width of the table
- Ignore this if you choose the first option
- Should it float with page scroll?
- Title font size.
- Weight or boldness of the font.
- Choose the Font Size.
- Choose the theme.
Advanced Settings for TOC.
These settings are vary imporant from Search Engine Optimization Point of View. You can follow the same as selected in our case or as per your need.
- Anchors should be lowercase from an SEO point of view.
- You should tick this to use “-” instead of “_” in the anchor(SEO).
- Would you like to add a table of content on the homepage?
- CSS should load or not? If in your case it causes render-blocking you can select it. If you select this option then no style will be displayed with your content table.
- How much dept should be tabled? Learn how you can use heading tags by keeping SEO in mind.
Pros of Adding Table of Content
- Enhance User Experience by taking your user to what they need.
- More SEO friendly content.
- Enhance the author to write a proper hierarchy article, that leads to more SEO friendly article.
- May reduce in earning of the single post due to skip in ads
- Total reading time will decrease.
I hope you like this article on How you can add and properly make settings for Table of Content.