What happen if all the posts, pages, category, pagination index to the search engine? You wrote a total 20 pages and search engines index 90 pages. Are they good for the SEO of a website, let’s understand?
Search Engine Optimization is very important for page ranking but what pages to rank?
Is this question often stuck in your mind that which pages should allow for index and which for noindex to improve page rank? To understand all this, read this article till the end.
Everyone wants organic traffic and they optimize their site with many SEO tools. Like Yoast SEO, Rank Math, all in one SEO, and many more according to the platform they are using.
Blogger users try various codes, but what is the best practices.
For this you’ve to understand these things that google need for ranking.
- Genuine, clean, and error-free content.
- The language used must be very simple in the case of English, don’t use tough words so that everyone can read.
- Index one item only one time that means don’t create junk or duplicate content.
- Robots.txt permission
These are some main points that you should keep in mind. Here we’re discussing which pages to index on Google, Bing, Yandex, and other search engines.
You should focus on indexing of
- Static Pages
- Post pages
1. Homepage must be index as search engine usually enters through this entry point, it may be entered from any another entry point but this one is most important other than all.
2. Static Pages link the website to various posts and other pages of your website. Please note that we’re discussing static pages, not the categories or tag pages. As they (category, archive, or tag pages) contain the same items as that of posts.
3. Post. as you know are most important to index. Posts are original content written/created by you. That should be index and interlinked with other content on the website.
What to be noindex or When to use noindex
It’s also a important question that what to be noindex. Here is a list
- Category pages
- Tags pages
- Archive pages
- Error pages
- Attached Media files of the website.
Category, tags, and archive pages contain the same h2 tags with paragraphs <p> tags that are inside a post linked with it. So that the search engine will count it in the duplicate content. To avoid this, you can use meta tag robots noindex, follow. That allows search engine bots to crawl websites thoroughly.
When to noindex: You can use noindex when your page or post is a duplicate of any of the other pages or posts. For example, you index a category page name “SEO” and another category page “SEO Tips”. Then these both pages contain 8 common feed posts. The search engine will count this as duplicate content due to that 8 common feed posts. That’s why we use noindex for category sections.
In the similar line you can noindex archive, tags and error pages. But now you’ve to interlink all the articles with one other for the better SEO results.
Also how we can use index, noindex and follow robots meta tags in WordPress.(coming soon)