As per the recent update, you can activate SSL for a custom domain on blogger in one click.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate: is make your visiter satified that your website is secured. And recently, if a user visit using chrome or MS edge then there will be a not-secure display before the website URL in the address bar. Sometime, pysychologically this thing make a user to leave your website. He/she may think that your website contain virus etc. So we advise to generate a SSL certificate for your blogger blog.
Why we use it?
SSL certificate is used for making a secure connection to your website. And also help in improve SEO score.
How to set-up?
Finally wait for blogger user is over. Blogger users now can install free SSL certificate on their custom domain.
You’ve to just enable the newly launch feature to enable a full SSL certificate.
- In the first step, you’ve to go to this link.
- then go to settings > basic setting
- here you’ll see an option HTTPS availability.
- it will show you HTTPS currently in the process here
- now don’t visit www.blogger.com for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes visit the link given in the 1st step.
- Now HTTPS available and turn it on here to YES.
- Now visit www.blogger.com
Now turn redirect on for all HTTP request to HTTPS
After turning that ON “Redirect all HTTP requests to secure HTTPS”. Your site may temporarily down for 1 minute to 2 hours, depends on your DNS settings. This will make all your visitors visit your website on a secure server. And there will be no 404 error for search result pages.
Blogger users who run their website through Cloudflare have to disable security and run the website through DNS only. Or they can generate a Cloudflare SSL certificates for their blog.